Protect yourself and your whānau by getting your free flu jab with us
Winter can be harsh on your health. Boost your immunity early and get your flu shot now from the qualified and experienced vaccinators at our New Zealand Health Group flu vaccination clinics. It’s FREE for everyone employed as part of the New Zealand Health Group team.
You are important to us, and we want to give you the chance to protect yourself leading into winter when your immunity might be weaker. With COVID-19 still in our communities, getting vaccinated against the flu early can also help protect your loved ones, the people we support, and those at risk of becoming seriously ill if they catch the flu.
Based on Center for Disease Control and Prevention data, people who get flu jabs at work are on average 60% less likely to get sick over the winter months.
When will the flu vaccine be available?
The flu vaccine is available now. Bookings can be made by clicking on the location links below and walk-ins are welcome.
- Mondays: Auckland – Quay St
- Tuesdays: Auckland – Albany
- Wednesdays: Auckland – Penrose
- Thursdays: Auckland – Ormiston, Wellington – Petone
- Fridays: Hamilton, Christchurch
Where will the vaccinations be available?
Clinic locations remain available as per our New Zealand Health Group Covid-19 vaccinations:
- Albany: Level 1, 9 Corinthian Drive, Albany
- Auckland CBD: Level 4, 139 Quay Street, Auckland CBD
- Ormiston: Level 1, 211 Ormiston Road, Flat Bush
- Penrose: Level 1, 60 Hugo Johnston Drive, Penrose
- Hamilton: 533 Grey Street, Hamilton East
- Petone: Unit 11, 5 Bouverie Street, Petone
- Christchurch: Level 1, 30 Lincoln Rd, Hillmorton
Clinics can be made available to sites outside of main centres. This requires some planning. Clinics outside of the centre can be booked.
- The Vaccination Team will be in contact with NZCommunity Living homes to organise bookings
- Regional Managers can request a clinic on-site by emailing [email protected]
How much does the flu vaccine cost?
The flu vaccine is free for everyone employed at New Zealand Health Group.
What are your other options?
If you don’t live in an area that New Zealand Health Group is providing flu vaccinations or if you live in a New Zealand Health Group flu vaccination area but are unable to make it there, you may obtain a vaccination from your GP or a pharmacy, then get your cost reimbursed as per below.
Send a copy of your receipt with your payroll/employee ID number (on your payslip) to the following email address for you.
Support Workers and Non-Salaried Staff:
- HCNZ/Freedom/Solora/NZCommunity Living (formerly NZCare): [email protected]
- Geneva Salary – [email protected]
- New Zealand Health Group Salary – [email protected]
Book now using one of the links above for your preferred vaccination clinic if you are in a centre or contact your manager to enquire if they are booking a clinic for your site.
For more information regarding flu vaccinations, please click here Flu (influenza) vaccines | Ministry of Health NZ.
Let’s keep each other safe and protected from the flu, for our loved ones and the people we support. Let’s get vaccinated.