Reach EAP services for New Zealand Health Group staff
Reach EAP is the dedicated New Zealand Health Group provider for your wellbeing and counselling support. This is our consolidated solution – easy to access and FREE for all New Zealand Health Group staff.
NZHG wants nothing more than for everyone in their business to feel safe and supported – so they can be at their best when they come into work. With Reach EAP staff have easy access to confidential support and wellbeing options.
Our lives, how we work, how we relate to people, and what is possible are constantly changing. Balancing the elements of Te Whare Tapa Whā in our lives can sometimes be hard for us to do – Wairua (Spiritually), Hinengaro (Emotionally/Mentally), Tinana (Physically), and with Whānau (Family).
New Zealand Health Group is committed to employee hauora and resilience, and Reach EAP is here to help us adapt and find the best way forward in our hauora journey.
What can Reach EAP do?
Reach EAP provides personal and workplace counselling services within a planned, collaborative and tailored approach to your holistic wellbeing.
Reach EAP will connect you to a wellbeing professional so you can confidentially talk to someone who will listen and support you to:
- Improve your work-life balance
- Improve your mood and wellbeing
- Improve health with skills for living well
- Manage stress and cope with challenges
- Unlock your potential
- Learn skills to help you thrive and strengthen you wellbeing whare
External resource centres and help lines
Beyond the services offered through Reach EAP, there are many helplines, educative resources, and individual or group support options you can reach out to in your wellbeing journey.
Need to talk help line? Call or text 1737 open 24/7 to reach a mental health professional. This is a valuable resource for anyone dealing with stress, depression, anxiety or simply anyone who just needs to talk to a trained counsellor.
Other national telehealth services:
- Phone the Police on 111 for a Welfare check
- Depression Helpline open 24/7, call 0800 11575 or Text 4202
- Lifeline open 24/7, 0800 543 354 or text 4357
- Suicide Crisis Helpline open 24/7 0508 828 865
- Family Violence Information Line (are you ok) 0800 456 450
- Anxiety Helpline open 24/7 on 0800 269 4389
- Māori Alcohol Drug Helpline open 24/7 on 080 787 798 text 8681
- Māori Gambling Help line open 24/7 0800 654 656
- Ola Lelei Pacific Help line on 0800 652 535
- Oranga Tamariki, Open 24/7 on 0508 326 459 for concerns about a child or young person
- Safe to talk open 24/7 call 0800 044 334 or text 4334
- Shakti crisis line Open 24/7 on 0800 742 584
- Vai lelei Pasifika Gambling Helpline Open 24/7 0800 654 657
- The Vagus Centre for Chines Mental health 09 624 4639
- Asian family services 0800 862 342
- Elder Abuse response Service open 24/7 0800 32668 65 or text 5032
- Women’s refuge open 24/7, 0800refuge on 0800 733 853
- Healthline 0800 611 116
- Quitline 0800778778 text 4006
- Alcohol and drug line open 24/7 0800787797 or Text 8681
- Gambling Helpline open 24/7, 0800 654 655 or Text 8006
- Kupe.net.nz for Prostate online decision support to help men and whanau understand options
- Areas’ mental health Services through DHBs known as CAT Crisis Assessment team
Below are some external websites with self-care and support information that you might find useful.
Wheel of Wellness
The Wheel of Life is a great exercise and tool for helping you create more balance and success in your life. It is often used in coaching and is a great foundation exercise when goal-setting. Click on the button below to download the free wheel of life template.
We want to hear your feedback
Your feedback on your experience contributes to the quality of service and may be helpful for the counsellor. Please return the attached form after your course of counselling. The only people who will see your feedback are you, UmbrellaEAP and your Counsellor should you want them to. Summarised trends
and statistics that don’t identify the individual will be collated for your organisation. This can help with continual improvement to the workplace experience and enhancement to the programme.
We are committed to providing a service that will support you reaching your personal and professional potential and living your optimal life.
Please click on the button below to complete the Service Evaluation Form.