Reach for the stars and go for that dream with Matariki Māori Support Worker Scholarship
Matariki Māori Support Worker Scholarship
The Matariki Māori Support Worker Scholarship programme is one of our initiatives in building equity in health and wellness in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Being a Support Worker means you play a vital part and make up one of the biggest workforce groups in Aotearoa. We want you to reach for the stars by extending your learning to give you a broad range of employment and career progression within New Zealand Health Group or the health sector as you wish.
Our workforce development scholarship invests $10,000 per annum to individuals who are on a trajectory to make a difference in health equity outcomes. A maximum of $5,000 can be awarded to any one individual in a year and the scholarship can be used to pay for tuition fees, living costs or any bills related to your study.
We invite you to apply and we hope this scholarship will assist you to achieve your goals.
Who is eligible?
This scholarship is open to all Māori Support Workers, who are currently employed by New Zealand Health Group and living in Aotearoa New Zealand and:
- Have Māori ancestry and work in Aotearoa for a New Zealand Health Group Entity
- Are working as a Support Worker and are eligible to study in Aotearoa
- Tell us how your learning will improve Maori health equity
- Show their commitment and involvement in Te Ao Māori.
- Complete the electronic application form (click on “Apply Now” button below) by 5pm Wednesday 31 August 2022
- Answer the questions in the application form
- Provide all required documentation by 5pm Wednesday 31 August 2022
All applications are assessed by panel of kaumatua, Māori health experts and health development leaders. Terms & Conditions apply
Am I eligible to apply?
Click on this box to find out
You must check all criteria below
- Are you a Support Worker, employed by New Zealand Health Group or by its subsidiaries?
- Are you of Māori descent?
- Do you currently live in Aotearoa?
- Can you tell us how your learning will improve Māori health equity?
Matariki is the star that signifies reflection, hope, our connection to the environment, and the gathering of people. Matariki is also connected to the health and wellbeing of people, which is what Support Workers do every day. As a Support Worker, you enable people to maintain hope and aim for the stars to ensure health and wellbeing to reach their goals.
Let us support you in making that dream come to fruition and enable more Māori to thrive and support their community.
*[MATARIKI The Star of the Year, Dr Rangi Matamua (Tūhoe) 2017]
Artwork by: Tāmihana Katene, Ngāti Toa, Ngāti Whātua
If you would like any support with your application or support with finding study that you are passionate about please feel free to contact us for a kōrero – email [email protected]